Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital shoved down our throats
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:58:24 -0400

At 04:30 PM 9/21/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Can't say that I agree with this.  Last time I did a major (12 month) trip
>with digital gear (in 2000/2001), we had a DV camera and a Nikon digital
>pack up within the first 4 months, even though we were careful to transport
>things in padded hard cases and wrap them in Domke foam wraps or Outback
>lens pouches to keep the dust out and vibration down.
>
>--Jim

Jim -

On the other hand, I've never been gone 12 months at a time and can't even
imagine trying to pack for that trip!  My longest assignments are a month
at a time!  I can certainly see that if you are away from any civilization
for 12 months at a time, your only choice would be film.  I hope that
either film continues to be available or that digital becomes much more
flexible in the future for such a long assignment.

Digitally and Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com