Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] demon player
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:13:31 -0700

Hello frank,

Yeah, I was right in the middle of them. I think the guy to my left
was against my arm, and the central player was slapping his helmet.
You can see the blur of his hand.

The moment came right after the team came on the field, and did their
spirit huddle jumping en masse.  Then they broke up, and this guy
comes slapping helmets and high fiving people.  It was their first
home game, and they are a promising team.  The Demons are high in the
polls this year, and a 1AA team that just beat a rival 1 A team.

As far as getting access, I'm pretty lucky in that regard, I usta
produce the Tean  TV show,  and got to know the Sports Info Director pretty well. He gave me two
sideline passes, and I make most home games.  I never shoot the field
action, we have a terrific staff shooter who handles that.  I just
shoot things that happen around the game.

Target rich environment, for sure.

Sonny

ft> What am I saying:  I'd be two feet from the subjet!  What I'd likely be doing,
ft> BTW, is not looking through the viewfinder, just thrusting the camera towards the
ft> action and snapping.  Might that have been what you did?

ft> -frank

ft> --
ft> "Hell is others"
ft> -Jean Paul Sartre