Subject: Re: [Leica] Oriental Asians
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:38:49 -0700

doug kim wrote:

> to add the final clarification on this:
>
> oriental and occidental refer to things, actual objects: oriental rugs,
> cooking, antiques, etc.
>
> asian refer to people. but i do call all my white friends occidentals.
>
> doug

I hope not by occident!

Is it true that say Japanese people don't want to be called Japanese and
this is true all over Asia relatively. They want to be called Asians? if
that is true than what's the point of the lack of specification?
Countries are no good?

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com