Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 macro eye attachment
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:55:45 -0700

At 10:33 PM -0400 9/22/03, Dan C wrote:
>I don't think it is the eyes which make the lens focus closer, they just
>correct for the viewfinder while in the close focus region.   As such, they
>would be useless with an other 90mm lens.
>
>-dan c.

The extension ring attached to the eyes cause the lens to focus
closer. The eyes let the rangefinder and the viewfinder inform you
what you are going to be taking a picture of.

As noted previously, it will work with other 90's as long as they
truly have the same focal length and the new one is not internal
focussing.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design