Subject: Re: [Leica] Tucson's Davis-Monthan's AMARC Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Center
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:43:57 -0700

The Marana Airpark is still there; I pass it on my way to Phoenix (when I
cant avoid going there).  From Route 10 it looks to be a graveyard/storage
area for commercial jet liners.  I have no idea if you can go into the
place.

Of more interest is the Aerospace Museum in Tucson.  They have a very large
collection (the largest private collection I was told) of military planes
and it is accessable to anyone with a couple of bucks for admission.  A
pretty cool place.  I took the tour on the tram.. a good idea since the day
I went it was ~110F in the shade.  (the high point for me was getting up
close to a HH-43 Husky.. the helicopter I flew Air Rescue in back in 69' in
Vietnam.

All sorts of fighters, cargo, even several historical Presidential aircraft.

Worth the stop if your in Tucson.

cheers
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ