Subject: Re: [Leica] Steve LeHuray
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:16:14 -0400

Hello friends:

I've just resubscribed to wake up to this frightful news. Although I met him
photographically far later than almost everyone on the LUG, he and his work
were everything that has been expressed here and then some.

I met Steve in person last Spring at the LHSA Spring Shoot in Annapolis
where he was my "tour guide" of the town and the Naval Academy. Engaging,
humorous, not inclined to suffer fools lightly and a huge fount of knowledge
and experience to all of us, he will be grievously missed.

Dory's answer. Within the last few weeks following my comments about the
35/2,8 Summaron, Steve wrote me the following:

Hello Seth:

I am a big fan of the Summaron 35. I use to have the 35/3.5 in my early
Leica years. Currently I have the rare 35/2.8 in ltm mount. Both lenses
produce wonderful images. The 'warmth' from these lenses is in stark
contrast to current ASPH 35 lenses which seem to produce a 'harshness' that
I do not care for.

Steve LeHuray

I can't believe he's gone.

Carpe diem.