Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus on Digital - Clucking home
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:57:26 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/03 8:01:02 AM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Kodak is simply adjusting to reality. The
company is, after all, in business to make money; not marinade in a bowl
of nostalgia. >>
- ------------------------------------
BD,

My take is that I'm being realistic and so is Kodak's CEO. The situation is
now parlous. No one knows where the general consumer will jump. We all know
where the pro's and most of the media have leaped. I bought a prosumer digital
and use it fairly because I want to know first hand what the issues are at this
point in time.

Frankly, IMHO, I don't think the average consumer is going to do his or her
own printing. They don't have the time or inclination. They'll buy digital
cameras because that's in the media and current. They also bought hoola hoops for
their kids 40 years ago. Which cameras they'll actually use and which stay in
the bottom drawer is unknown.

I always look for answers to similar questions at flea markets and garage
sales. When those $400 Casio digitals start showing up on the sidewalks and
driveways, I'll have my answer. I'll also be looking for Leica M7s with special
interest and cluck on my way home with them.

br