Subject: RE: [Leica] Kodak Focus on Digital
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:16:07 -0400

BR
The process also returned a CD so that there was a "negative" returned.
There was some test marketing in NYC with the kiosks located in stores
with an initial positive response.  However... the process is
destructive and if the kiosk is not maintained and serviced properly you
get back exactly nothing.

Imagine the scenario of some poor store manager explaining to a patron,
I am so sorry you lost all the images of your fathers' funeral, the
birth of your first grandchild, the wonderful vacation in France, and
your daughters wedding candid.  No, there is nothing I can do, the
negatives are destroyed, and we have nothing.... imagine the poor
schmuck being bludgeoned to death with a couture purse.

The above is why this didn't go anywhere, why risk your images when one
hour labs are almost literally everywhere.  Even if they horribly abuse
the negatives at least you can get something back.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com