Subject: RE: [Leica] It's All Done With Mirrors
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:44:21 -0400

I am aware that Bill has not been involved in the digital/film/Kodak/the
sky is falling thread - but I can't resist...
- -----

Oh, wait - Bill lost his FILM? I thought that using film protected our
precious memories, but if we use digital, we'll end with a blank memory
card and lose all our images. But if we use a film camera, we'll never
open the back accidentally; we'll never have a roll of film refuse to
rewind; we'll never miss set the ASA; we'll never have a scratch running
the length of the entire roll. And God knows we'll never lose the roll
of film - never drop it and have the cap pop off; never have it
accidentally cross processed; never have the lab get gunk all over it.

Come on, LUDites, recognize that bad things happen to film day in and
day out - and switching to digital simply means that a new set of bad
things can happen. :-)