Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now ROFLOL
From: Mike Durling <durling@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:57:05 -0400

RCA was another of those old time companies who made a lot of the wrong
decisions and ended up fading away.  One of those mistakes was investing
in the wrong technology, videodiscs, just when the VCR was taking off.
They were already in trouble by that time I think, but they bet the
company on that one, and lost.

As a parallel, they were in a very good position when another
technological paradigm shift took place.  This was the move from film as
a TV news recording medium to electronic recording, albeit analog,
video.  In 1976 they had the best electronic news gathering camera on
the market, by 1980, they were history.  They were unable to compete
with the Japanese competition.

Mike D