Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 0.85 classic question
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:06:41 -0700

Sounds like the Classic was #4.... Mda-Mot, M2-M, MP, then the Classic M6
.85.

Unless there are more that we have forgotten...... Anyone?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Excluding special finishes (like the 20 air force grey M2 cameras),
experimental cameras and prototypes, I think the rarest regular
production* M was the M2-M of which 275 were made in 1966. If we
include scientific M cameras then the Mda-Mot is the champ with only a
few dozen produced for Zeiss.

* you could order it from a catalog

John Collier