Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now management hubris -- drifting back on topic re M6TTL rangefinder upgrade
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:15:01 -0400

Clive wrote:

> SUN and Apple have both successfully put competitors that attempted to
horn
> in on their markets out of business -- both using questionable tactics. It
> is only the success of Microsoft that stopped them from being accused as
> monopolists.

Microsoft was indeed accused of being a monopoly - by the United States
Department of Justice and, I think I recall, by the Attorneys-general of
several states. Thus far, the Company appears to have been able to agree to
a settlement that in truth continues its near-monopoly.

> To get back on topic, for anyone who has read this far -- Leica Northvale
> has told me that they do expect to get parts to upgrade the M6 TTL from
> Germany -- but not until mid-late November. Get on the waiting list.

Several weeks ago I left a classic M6 with Ernst Hartmann at Leica Northvale
for the viewfinder upgrade. Ernst called me to let me know that parts were
backordered, something he was not aware of when I left the camera.

Seth               LaK 9

Replies: Reply from Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now management hubris -- drifting back on topic re M6TTL rangefinder upgrade)
Message from Mike Quinn <mlquinn.mail@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now management hubris)
Message from Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now management hubris -- drifting back on topic re M6TTL rangefinder upgrade)