Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Don's PAW 41 Calla Lily
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:10:01 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/03 3:54:50 AM, sonc@sonc.com writes:

<< You challenge Don's integrity, and after he kindly explains, you act as if
you don't believe his explanation?   You call
yourself a gentleman? >>
- -----------------------------------------------------
SonC,

As I explained, I don't question Don's honesty, but the temptation to create
the ideal is so compelling that we tend to do our best with the everpresent
and facile digital technology we have. After all, a few touches here and there,
and no harm is done. Please recall that I'm not using Don's image as the
fulcrum of my doubts but my own weaknesses that I'm only too much aware of. I just
took this occasion to make the point that we should be  conscious of the
subconscious minor modifications we tend to make. The culprit is ME. I really
wonder whether I should continue to review prints anymore.

br

Replies: Reply from Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com> (Re[4]: [Leica] Don's PAW 41 Calla Lily)