Subject: RE: [Leica] Ebay-fraud?
From: "Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" <saganicc@MSKCC.ORG>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:14:41 -0400

I've been contacted off site and made two successful transactions as a seller,
never a buyer.  It all reeks of fraud.  I also received a "There is a problem
with your eBay account, go to this link and supply the appropriate
information...bla bla bla" After 10 minutes the link becomes inactive.  My
wife has similar requests for sensitive credit card information through Yahoo.
All scams.  To prove otherwise is difficult, using a paypal account for
payment helps to prove legitimacy.  Suggesting an escrow deal also works well.

Chris Saganich