Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay-fraud?
From: "frank theriault" <knarftheriault@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:06:13 -0400

Neither of them have the ring of legitimacy to them, at least not to me.

I'm no eBay expert, but AFAIK, eBay wouldn't "protect' transactions done
outside the purvue of an auction (unless it was something bought at "my
store" or whatever that's called, but this isnt that situation).

There may be nothing wrong with contacting bidders and offering them a
similar item (somehow I think that eBay would frown upon that, though), but
leading one to believe that it's sanctioned by eBay raises all sorts of red
flags for me.  If the sale is being done outside eBay, why would it be
covered by eBay's Fraud Protection Policy?  Just don't make sense.

Hey, maybe both these guys are on the up and up, but I wouldn't risk my hard
earned money on them.

cheers,
frank

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.  The pessimist
fears it is true."  -J. Robert Oppenheimer