Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ebay-fraud?
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:20:46 -0400

Hi Frank:

I wouldn't count on this in every situation, some issuers/banks will
not, and don't have to comply... my experience.

This is why I will not use or accept PayPal.  Anyone who buys from me
and who wants the item sent quickly, has to send me a US Postal money
order. I will then send the item the day after I receive that USPS MO.
Otherwise they wait for their check or "non-sched" MO to clear.

I only send USPS MOs for things that I buy on ebay, unless other payment
methods are negotiated before I bid.

It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to get a USPS MO, they even accept
debit cards... I don't have to go to my bank first to get cash for the MO.

 > I don;t see
 > what grounds the Issuer  would have to not return the funds.

Because the ebay seller is not the issuer's customer, PayPal is their
customer.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com