Subject: Re: [Leica] CV 50mm Nokton 1.5 vs used Sumicron
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:43:28 -0700

><Snip> Although I do not recall
> being unhappy about the bokeh with the Noctilux, while with the Nokton it
> was really ugly.
>
> Nathan

I think the bokeh on the Noct is a positive aspect of the lens not a negative.
And I found that out by owning the lens and using it and blowing up some
shots to 16x20.
Obviously shooting most often at f1 if you don't like the bokeh you
don't like the lens.
	A Bokeh R Us lens.
This lens often makes images which consists of 99.99% bokeh - the rest image.
It's the lean way to make an image. Depending on how you look at.
(2% milk can be thought of as 98% fat free milk. "98% fat free milk"
would not sell milk.)
I'm sure the Leica people in Canada or wherever designed the lens very
much with bokeh in mind even before the Japanese word come into style
they sure knew what they were talking about. Perhaps they have a secret
German word for it we don't know about and they'll never tell us.
Or Aleutian.

Mark Rabiner
f 1 and be there!
	(pointing index ((first)) finger up which is the secret code gesture)

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] CV 50mm Nokton 1.5 vs used Sumicron)