Subject: RE: [Leica] Piezography
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:20:27 -0600

> You can also look into the combo of epson2200/2100 and the imageprint 5.6
> RIP. it does both excellent BW and color. There is also a new printer from
> epson (I think 8000 or something) that has eight inks (both photo
> and matte
> blk) and supposedly revamped drivers for both color and BW. It
> should be out
> shortly

Yes, Imageprint is also a very good option - you can download a demo from
Calumet for free, but as good (and expensive) as it is it is very annoying
klutzy software... After running various tests I'm opting for imageprint
rather than the Septone/Piezo inks driver on a 2200 to enable B&W printing.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/syrinx/pr.jsp?p=dnp&t=e175&US=1

you also have to go to imageprint and download the profiles you want to
load/test - either colour or greyscale.

New Epson printer is the 17" wide epson 4000 No reports on how good its b&w
really is. Printer specs are up on the Epson site

tim