Subject: RE: [Leica] Piezography
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:08:50 -0600

> You can't use Piezography with the 2200.  The new Epsons are chipped to
> prevent using 3rd party inks.  You have to use the Epson inks in their
> small, expensive cartridges.
>
> Tina

Yes you can Tina... :-) that's what the Septone inks are - it's basically a
variable tone piezo ink system for the 2200 with either prefilled cartridges
or a CIS system. Also available for the massive 7600 and 9600 printers (and
presumably, eventually, for the 4000). With a peizo/sundance plugin

Though it works out expensive with the small cartridges, one advantage with
the chipped cartridges is that you can run Epson UC colour inks, swap to the
Septones and swap back - not that you would want to do it that often due to
the ink used in the changeover - but as long as you organise your work in
batches it is possible.

But with the results I have got with my Imageprint tests  (whereby I can
print very neutral B&W on glossy as well as matte papers) - as well as its
hundreds of colour profiles, I am probably going to go with that for now -
both setups are expensive, though roughly the same price.

Then we'll see what the new 4000 looks like, or maybe a 7600... I need
BIGGER prints (the new not yet announced 72" US ink Epson would be just
great...)!

tim

Replies: Reply from "Geir Bugge-Olsen" <gbugge-o@frisurf.no> (Re: [Leica] Piezography)