Subject: [Leica] Leica m7...good or not?
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:24:35 -0500

Roy,

I have useed an M7 since they were released in 2002.  It is the best of the M
series  cameras for me.  I have trusted the meter in my M6s for s long time.
I learned from Ted Grant to do that.  Its good advice 99% of the time.  With
the M7 my shooting is much more spontaneous.  Presett the aperture, leave
a second to focus and shoot.  If you are using a widw angle lens, set the
hyperforcal distance and shoot as fast as you frame the image.  It appears
to be the pinaacle of M development.  The MP may being you back closer to
the good old days of the M3 but it's a manual camera.  I've got most of the
M cameras but continue to reach for the M7.  Your grandchildren may have
problems getting circuit board replaced but let them take care of that
problem.  Enjoy the photograhps it makes as your lagacy for the future.

Richard

Richard Clompus, OD
Roanoke, VA