Subject: [Leica] Need digital SLR with Leica lenses now
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:25:28 -0500

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I have recently begun using a Canon G5 (5 MP) point and shoot.  I am
using it for images at work.  I really prefer the lenses of my R cameras.
This may have been discussed before but is there a digitial SLR that takes
R lenses with an adapter?  I don't mind manual focus.  I actually prefer it.
I'm just getting tired of waiting for Leica to develop their "R" digital back
that will probably cost more than a new Canon 10D with a few lenses.  It
really bothers me that Leica has the best lenses in the analog world while
I am slowly but surely changing to a digital world to save time and
improve my results.  The instant feedback has made me a better
photographer by permitting me to experiment more to produce better
images.  When its all said and done, its the images that count.  If I keep
going down this road, I'll be using digital for work and an M camera and
Tri-X for fun.  Not sure how long that will last either.  Photoshop
continues to get better at manipulation.  I wouldn't be surprised in the
future if there were a Tri-X filter effect for digital images to make them
look analog.

Richard Clompus, OD
Roanoke, VA