Subject: Ted's Words [Leica] Annie Leibovitz 4 Brian
From: "" <LEICA-USER@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:10:14 -0800

>  Sonny,
> Thanks as I'd started a post to "whomever this person is" and trashed it.
> Damn I hate it when people who are anonymous when they post with some dumb
> ass name or number. Particularly when they're on a rant.

BRIAN, WHERE WERE YOU HERE....?
YOU WERE SO QUICK TO JUMP ON ME...I TOOK OFFENSE RIGHT ABOUT HERE.

> Yep and I can't understand what he / she is trying to say either and whether
> it's good, bad or ugly.
>
> But one thing not addressed is.... Annie wouldn't be as "famous as she is"
> if it weren't for the magazines whom she shoot for who opened the doors to
> the Big Name people she photographed.

>NOW HERE IS WHERE I THOUGHT SOMETHING FOOLISH WAS SAID.
WITHOUT ACCESS, ANNE COULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN THE JOB TO SHOOT
WHOMEVER SHE SHOT. WHETHER IT IS ACCESS WITH THE MAG OR WITH THE
CLIENTS, SHE GOT ACCESS, SO WHETHER IT IS FATE , LUCK OR THE FACT THAT
SHE SLIPPED ON SOME SHIT ONE DAY,
1.  SHE GOT THE JOB
2. SHE DELIVERED(WHICH I THINK IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

I HAVE SEEN SO MANY FRAUDS ON BOOK STANDS THESE DAYS..BUT HEY THEY
HAVE A BOOK..I DON'T SO I KEEP MY SHIT SHUT.
NOW I FELT IF HE COULD CALL ME A DUMBASS I COULD CALL HIM A FOOL FOR
SAYING THIS SHIT..IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.........

> Quite simply, big name mag wants to do publicity story... Big Name publicity
> seeker says yes!
>
> Annie comes up with weird idea, asks publicity seekers to do weird things
> and dress outlandishly, they co-operate and she makes her name off them
> doing it and being published in Rolling Stone and or whatever big name
> magazines.

NOW WHAT IS THIS...UP HERE..AND IS IT JUST ME THAT FINDS THIS STATEMENT
OUTLANDISH AND WITHOUT ANY MERIT.

> If they were ordinary John and Mary folks we may never have heard of her.

LET ME HELP YOU HERE..DIANE ARBUS FOR ONE...HER PORTAITS WERE OF
ORDINARY JOHN AND MARY FOLKS, AND SHE IS JUST ONE..AND I HAD TO MAKE IT
A WOMAN'S NAME ALSO...BECUASE THERE ARE MORE BUT THEY ARE MEN SO I AM
KEEPING THEM OUT OF IT.

SO THERE.
WHILE I DID NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS PERSONALLY UNTIL MR. REID FELT THAT HE
HAD TO PUT ME IN MY PLACE, I FELT THAT  TED HAD OPENED UP THE
PARAMETERS FOR ME TO RETURN THE NAME CALLING WITHIN A SPECIFIC
REASON...WHICH IS IN REGARDS TO HIS ABOVE STATEMENT.

DONE!!!!!!