Subject: Re: [Leica] My Leica M digital solution
From: sam <sam@osheaven.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:23:06 -0500

My 30 year old Voightlander VF135 rangefinder has a 40mm f/2.4 lens, a
bright rangefinder, is pocketable, has fully automatic and manual modes,
is easy to use, and achieves impressive pictorial results.

As per Leica's CM description below, in comparison the Voightlander
lacks a detailed LED display and a semi-rare metal cage.

No matter how many point-and-shoot Japanese cameras, both film and
digital, Leica markets, all they are doing is lowering the excitment bar
lower and lower.

Sam S

"The letter "M" in the name of the new LEICA CM is eminently justified
:Its outstanding performance is unusual for a compact camera and makes
it as unique in its class as the Leica M cameras are in the category of
rangefinder photography. The LEICA CM has a solid titanium body and is
fabricated with precision craftsmanship in Germany. A Leica
lens with a speed of f/2.4 masters virtually every application and it
achieves impressive pictorial results with the finest nuances. Whether
it is used in the fully automatic mode or with manual settings – with
its extensive, easy-to-operate settings, this compact camera offers the
best conditions for individual picture composition. With its brilliant
viewfinder, the subject coverage can be evaluated confidently, even under
poor light conditions. A detailed LED display in the viewfinder helps in
controlling the photographic parameters. And its looks ? Typically Leica!"