Subject: Re: [Leica] something something and now animals
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:19:41 +0100

I don't know about blindness, but many of the chronic illnesses modern
society is plagued by are the outcome of a lifestyle which is premised on
the fact that almost anything can be correcte with the right treatments. The
fact is that we live in a very irresponsible manner and most of our malaises
are self-inflicted.

Another side to this is the way in which modern allopathy enforces or tries
to enforce a radical monopoly over all forms of health care, not just via
the ideology of treatment, but also through legal measures. Other
practitioners (Sheldon of Natural Hygiene is a good example) were legally
persecuted all their lives for espousing and practicing treatments which
threatened the monopoly of establishment medical practice.

The drive of modern research to find a consumable cure for every ill
dovetails very nicely with consumerism as a whole; to simply revise our
lifestyle habits in order to avoid disease rather than purchasing off the
shelf remedies to cure our self-inflicted maladies threatens not only the
medical establishment, but the entire fabric of modern society.

- -- Rob

http://www.robertappleby.com
Mobile: (+39) 348 336 7990
Home: (+39) 0536 63001

All outgoing email scanned by
Norton AntiVirus (TM) 2003 Professional Edition.