Subject: [Leica] Almost Completely OT - Teutonic Houseware
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 13:58:31 -0800

Rob Appleby wrote:

> Bernina (best with a knee-lift) - or, if you want the real thing, Pfaff
> electronic industrial with thread cutter. I once made my living with one of
> those. Up to 50 cm a second - you have to watch your fingers.
>
> -- Rob
>
> http://www.robertappleby.com
> Mobile: (+39) 348 336 7990
> Home: (+39) 0536 63001
>
> All outgoing email scanned by
> Norton AntiVirus (TM) 2003 Professional Edition.

It was so hot and muggy the first days of the St. Louis Leica Historical
Society Meeting last week that I went through clothes like a son of a
gun. I had the Hotel do my laundry thereby doubling my hotel bill! The
point being: THEY IRONED MY SHIRTS!

(Off the subject the autobiography Of Helmut Newton Had the photography
on the cover in no shirt and ironed (pressed) jeans! By a pool with two
models. If I iron my jeans will somebody please kill me? A hell of a
read by the way. Too dirty for the airplane)

So back to the hotel in St. Louis:
I was so im-pressed  by my ironed shirts that i thought "good by rumbled
look for me!" and when i got home i got a Rowenta Professional Iron
(they let me have it without even checking for a licence) Made in
Germany in the black forests by the gnomes who eat the mushrooms. For
$99.99 I was loosing money not buying it! There was one for $135 with a
Platinium bottom that I was so smart to not get. My life-style was on
the upswing. Oh this was yesterday.

I also got a Leifheit Airboard which i mistakenly thought was an ironing
board for 25 bucks "for people who don't like ironing; a lot"
As a mode of transportation I can only wish. It will stay indoors. Even
in the snow.
I also made a stop off at the extension cord store.

My defense is: I went to Kitchen Kaboodle. This was all they had. The
offence is: I knew that. I could have gone to Walgreens and gotten a
perfectly nice one for $19.99.
Oh and I thought the ironing board was Swiss until I got it home.

Soon I'll be ironing everything in the house. I'll iron my lens cleaning
cloths. Maybe even the tissues!
I got a whole bunch of cotton "Hotel napkins" I got from Potterybarn
(right next to Kitchen Kaboddle) on 23rd ave.
Those are an ironing manics dream come true. I'll wear one folded in my
lapel at all times in case someone sneezes or the Adorama UV filter on
my apo asph gets some dust on it. But not in that order.

Aren't we going too far!!!!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com