Subject: [Leica] SF20 Howto
From: Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 09:16:43 +0100

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 07:45:35AM -0600, Karen Nakamura wrote:

> The SF-20 meets all your needs except bounce. It's so small and light
> that it's always in my bag. The huge LCD on the back makes it a cynch
> to dial in -1 or -2 fill in flash and I've had perfect luck with my
> M7. It was expensive but you only cry once.

Wonderful that this topic pops up today! I have just received my (second
hand) SF20 and am about to try it for the first time on my sons second
birthday party later today ;-) I will be shooting with an M6TTL.

Thing is, I do not know how to! It did not come with a manual. My
Internet search resulted in:

  http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=002nMh

but I am not sure if I miss things.

Also, I am not sure about the difference between 'fill' and 'regular'
flash operation. Is the first where I set the camera to 1/50, ignore the
M6 meter information and let the TTL do its magic, while in the latter I
do my shutter and apature according to the M6 light meter and have the
flash (at -1 or -2) just 'play along'? While writing this it does not
make sense, since in that way I have a chance to fail the sync between
flash pulse and shutter opening.

Sorry for all this beginners ignorance...

Replies: Reply from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (Re: [Leica] SF20 Howto)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] SF20 Howto)
Message from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (Re: [Leica] Best M7 Fill Flash Survey)