Subject: Re: [Leica] SF20 Howto
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 09:07:03 -0600

>Also, I am not sure about the difference between 'fill' and 'regular'
>flash operation. Is the first where I set the camera to 1/50, ignore the
>M6 meter information and let the TTL do its magic, while in the latter I
>do my shutter and apature according to the M6 light meter and have the
>flash (at -1 or -2) just 'play along'? While writing this it does not
>make sense, since in that way I have a chance to fail the sync between
>flash pulse and shutter opening.

Regular is when you have it at TTL, set the shutter speed to 1/50,
aperture to anything and let it do its thing. The flash assumes it is
the main source of light.

Fill is when you have enough ambient light to meter. Select a shutter
speed less than or equal to 1/50 sec, meter your aperture accordingly
w/ the M6's built in meter, set the flash's fill to -1 or -2 (TTL
mode), and fire away. Because the M series only syncs up to 1/50 sec,
fill is really effective only in moderate light.

This assumes you have a M6TTL or M7. If yours is a real M6 classic,
then fill is a big pain.

Karen

- --
Karen Nakamura