Subject: Re: [Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone
From: robertmeier@usjet.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:51:53 -0600

It matters considerably whether a picture is an actual candid picture, or
one that has been staged to look like one.  It is the difference between
reality and the representation, or imitation, of reality.  It matters
whether a picture is the real thing, or not.

One is the result of a photographer finding and capturing a moment of time
when all the elements of the picture have come together to form a
composition that has interest and life.   The other is the result of a
director managing actors on a stage to produce a predetermined result.
Sometimes the results may look the same, but they are at opposite poles of
the universe in all other ways.

Bob

Replies: Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone)
Reply from sam <sam@osheaven.net> (Re: [Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone)