Subject: Re: [Leica] My Leica M digital solution
From: Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:30:57 -0600

Michael Chmilar said the following on 11/3/2003 7:40 PM:

> Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net> said:
>

>>[...] switch it to Greyscale using Image>Mode [....]  What I do not
>>understand is if I am losing information.
>

> To be pedantic for a moment: information has been lost because
> it is no longer possible to convert the grayscale image back to
> color.

Yes, of course. What I was trying to understand is the difference, if
any between gray in RGB and grayscale as B/W images. I cannot see how
there can be a difference, given that R=G=B. The additional two channels
provide no information, and I cannot convert them back to color.

- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] My Leica M digital solution)