Subject: RE: [Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:41:46 -0500

Rob Appleby wrote:
> Good photojournalists and documentary photographer take pictures that tell
> the story - _their_ story - and how they go about it is irrelevant.

Depends on the audience you tell your story to.
Some audiences need to trust that you stay
within certain boundaries; it's part of their
visual language.  You don't speak it, they don't
listen.  I don't trust TV news reports in
the US, so I don't listen to their stories anymore.

I agree though that in the end, it's about story
telling.

- - Phong