Subject: Re: [Leica] Suggestion for quad tone printing
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:32:32 -0500

At 03:18 PM 11/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings all,
>
>I am looking for some suggestions  regarding quadtone printing systems.  I
>had been using an Epson Photo EX with Cone's Piezography BW system until
>the EX clogged permanently.  I have the Stylus Photo 2000 for color work
>and I'm looking for some ideas as to how to handle BW.  I still have
>Cone's software and profiles, but need to purchase a printer with which to
>work.

On November 17th Cone will be coming out with an upgrade for $49 that will
allow the Piezography inks to be used with the regular Epson driver.  It
will include profiles for most papers.  Go to www.inkjetmall.com and there
are plenty of suggestions about printers that work well with this
technology.  I love my 3000's but a 4000 is supposed to be coming out in
December that will replace them.  I'll probably end up getting that one, too.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com