Subject: Re: [Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone
From: robertmeier@usjet.net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:24:57 -0600

> So what we have going in this discussion is a few things ,
photojournalists,
> their actions and effect, TV and coverage staged or otherwise and setting
up
> still pictures supposedly demonstrating "real life moments."  Right or
> wrong.

Ted,

You have summed it up very succinctly.  And it is your third point that was
the starting point, about whether it makes any difference to set up, or
stage, a still picture "real life moment."  The consensus seems to be
defintely on the side of deciding that it makes a great deal of difference
whether a still picture that is supposed to be a candid or a documentary
shot has actually been staged, or directed, by the photographer.  Your
experiences in the OR certainly go along with that:  you disappear into the
woodwork and nobody in the pictures, in the room, is aware of your taking
pictures, and you do not direct or stage anything.  Your pictures are
authentic, candid documents of what happened there, no more, no less.

Bob

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone)