Subject: [Leica] Re: Tina please comment
From: "Roy Feldman" <royfphoto@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:14:58 -0500

Tina I am your biggest fan I would real be interested in your response
to the points brought up by Tim A about Salad:
Or perhaps like Salad, the reality is, these working kids in the slums see
you taking their picture and like kids everywhere - even in some of the
worst situations - they smile when someone - a photographer - takes interest
in them. But that doesn't suit his vision, or how you see this situation. So
he shakes his fist or scowls or shake his head so they stop smiling. The
reality was that kids smile when you point a camera at them. The truth the
photographer wanted to show was that these kids led desperate oppressed
lives. So which is more important - the reality or the truth?

I have to believe that with the work you do Salad has to be someone you
admire. Comments?
RJR

Replies: Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Tina please comment)