Subject: Re: [Leica] New PAW
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:02:25 -0500

Thanks Sonny.. I agree on the first shot of the pig in the ground, but, in
my defense, the lighting was very flat everywhere as it was shot at twilight
in a "holler" with only late indirect skylight for illumination.  Also,
there was considerable smoke leaking out from under the tin and I had to
shoot from the edge of a smoke plume.  The table shot was supposed to
feature only the pig carcass but the kids were a bonus. Everything happened
VERY quickly with many people crowded around to shoot between.

These are only 4 shots out of two rolls and I just cherry picked 4 as
representative. I have some very gruesome ones of wholesale dismemberment
with feet, head and bones everywhere.

The TMY is new to me and seems to be a bit flat, but I really think the
light was mostly at fault here. All of these shots were lightened some and
made a little more contrasty in PS.  The entire process from uncovering to
serving took only about 10 min.

And yes, it was delicious. No, I haven't eaten pork cooked over pecan wood
but I assume it would be similar to hickory as they are in the same family.

I have some tighter head shots of pork eaters but only posted the 4th one
because it contained several people.

BTW, note in the last ) shot of people eating, that the hound dog in the
lower right corner only has 3 legs.

JB

Replies: Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net> (Re: [Leica] New PAW)
Message from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] New PAW)