Subject: Re: [Leica] Pro war propaganda photos
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:10:17 -0800

That is not altering. There was nothing there to alter. Any photograph is a
choice, a creation, not an alteration. Not to understand that is to miss
every point that follows. It's can be altered later when it's cropped or
modified in some other way, but let's get our terms clear here.

on 11/7/03 7:22 AM, Kyle Cassidy at KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu wrote:

> but altering begins with choosing what to
> photograph and what not to photograph.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

"At it's best, photojournalism is both mirror and window, a means to
enlightenment that connects subject and viewer through the heart, eye and
mind of the photojournalist. It's the photographers responsibility to show
truth with the camera." - Tom Kennedy, Washington Post.