Subject: Re: [Leica] some new snaps, a propos
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 13:02:05 -0800

I recall not to long ago someone unearthed a thing where they found out
that our beloved HCB who was thought to work like a cipher* would like
many other photographers of his ilk (Magnum, Life magazine) run into the
picture and yell at everybody and have them do the thing over and over
again. Did the boy jump over the puddle over and over again? It might
have actually been that as well.
Now maybe HCB had by that time had not become a hard news photographer.
I don't know how that works.
It just seems that every rule which gets directed at us turns out to be
wrong. Strobes. Directing people. Others.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

*One having no influence or value; a nonentity.