Subject: Re: [Leica] OT FOOD
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:49:53 -0700

Today is a Food day here too:

1:00 am: Making a pastrami dry rub for 4 lbs of brisket of Alberta beef
(from an 18 month old grass fed Angus of 1150 lbs). By 2:00am the coated
meat goes into the downstairs fridge to be turned over every 12 hours
while it sits for 72 hours. It will be slow smoked over maple for
approximately 8 hours on Wednesday then steamed for 3 hours and ready
for dinner Thursday night.

11:30 am: Making two large batches of  bread dough, one batch for bread
and cinnamon buns, one batch for tonight's supreme pizza with the extra
pizza dough into a plastic bag and into the freezer. Cinnamon buns are
just out of the oven, bread will be ready in 15 minutes.

3:30 pm: Making 3 quarts of vanilla ice cream, the cream is on a slow
burner heating right now waiting for the sugar, egg yokes and vanilla to
be added.

While the pizza cooks later tonight, one jar of homemade tomato sauce
will be converted into spaghetti sauce for tomorrow night's pasta or
gnocchi dinner.

When my girls were younger the wife worked 12.5 hours both days every
second weekend. I helped them make bread, shop at the farmers market or
dig vegetables out of ground at a local market garden. In the winter we
would shop at the Italian and other ethnic markets. All organic of course.

Regards,

Greg