Subject: [Leica] Re: O.T. - Medium Format Flat Bed Scanner Advice
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:45:09 -0800

Cliff, I bought one of the first Epson 3200 scanners B&H had and never
regretted it. I had an Epson 1640 before. I have scanned hundreds of 645
negs and transparencies with very good results printing at 16X20. I find the
Epson Twain software very good. I have never seen much point in using the
Silverfast software included. I get 110 Mb files with a 8 bit scan. 16 bit
is an option.

I don't use it for 35mm because I have a Nikon 4000 for that format.

Go for it!

Bill Lawlor