Subject: RE: [Leica] Smart's Artsy Contribution
From: "Tom Smart" <tom@sleepytom.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:59:13 -0600

Merci, Ted and Sam.  Indeed it is a lengthy process.  I laid down on the
darkroom floor as I waited for prints to develop - I have no chair in the
darkroom.

This was my first lith session.  Here's what I used.  Kodalith Super RT
developer 1 part A, 1 part B and 6 parts water.  Ilford MG WT fiber paper.
I had to really hit it with light to get a good lith effect, 4 stops over a
normal exposure.  Looks a bit dark, but I got the lith effect going.  It
took 20 minutes to develop.  I have another version at 2 stops over - not so
much lith effect, but lovely warm tones.  I'm going to head the other
version into a gold toner and see what happens.

I like this stuff; perhaps I'm a large format photographer waiting to come
of age.  I seem to be running the other direction from the latest processes
(i.e. digital).

Thanks for inquiring.

Tom