Subject: [Leica] I've married the data for FOM2: judging around the corner
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:16:22 +1100

Well, I have worked all weekend and a few days of last week, and
finally married the images to the data for this year's FOM2 project.
You should all be very proud, as I am of the efforts we have made this
year. The images are truly varied in style place content and subject,
but the outstanding thing is the increasing quality of the work. The
judging process will NOT be easy. There are over 1300 images, and only
100 final choices, so 12 in every 13 will miss out. This year has seen:

Nearly 90 contributors

over 1300 submissions

the introduction of the mentor programme

dozens of new registrants (I'm sorry I have not been able to keep the
FOM2 homepage up to date but please forgive me)

discussions re possible venues for the exhibits in 2006

many "hard copies" flowing in and stored

a new and highly successful web page for submissions: take a bow Tom
Smart

contributions on the editorial front from Europe Japan Nth America and
Ballarat ;-)

BUT on the down side, we have lost 2 contributors: Jim Gatlin and Steve
Lehuray.

My thanks to all involved. Please be patient while we sort out the
judging CD rom and organize to distribute them to the judges. I hope by
mid December to have the final 100 selection available for everyone to
view, and I hope to have the submissions board up and running for year
4, some time in the next couple of weeks.

Please get in touch with me with ideas for next years 12 categories,
and any other changes you might like to see with this project. Thank
you to the following who took the time to contribute and to those who
acted as mentors and helped to raise the overall standard of the
submissions

Aaron Sandler
Alastair Firkin
Alexander Wolf