Subject: Re: [Leica] Freedom of the press? WAS (something else)
From: David Degner <david.degner@wku.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:48:06 -0600

grduprey@rockwellcollins.com wrote:

>I may be a naive U.S. citizen, but I know of no situation where our
>military "Targeted and Killed"  journalists on purpose.

Most Americans are naive to this because our press dosn't report it but:
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/A37736EC-2136-4455-AE10-E0D7BE78CA9D.htm

Ya Aljazeera pats their backs a little too much in this but it looks
darn like intimidation to kill and arrest journalists of just one
organization.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/4F768301-79A6-40FC-B0AF-5D4A52DD5BB9.htm
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/5B424B79-753F-4539-B976-D9DBD5D5109B.htm

And we wouldn't let them into the Iraqi National Council meetings that
all other journalists had roaming rights at.  If that isnt censorship...

David Degner