Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic - Was Speaking of Photography -- Sally Mann on Charlie Rose
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:32:40 -0800

Phong wrote:

> I have seen some of Jim's 11x14 color slides.
> Gorgeous images; it's quite interesting to see
> film larger than most people's largest prints.
> Clearly not taken with a Leica.  :-)
>
> - Phong
>
> Jim Hemenway wrote:
> > Thanks for the compliment Ruben.  Those on my main page are 2+ years old.
> >
> > I have Leica R8 shots taken at the same time but not yet scanned.
> >
> > Newer ones here:
> > http://www.hemenway.com/11x14/
> > http://www.hemenway.com/CharlesRiverProtar590.jpg
> > http://www.hemenway.com/USS-Salem-Schneider360.jpg
>
> --
Wow Jim Stupendous! As my prints tend to be 11x14 I always thought if I
ever went larger than 4x5 large format I'd skip 8x10 and just go 11x14!
This stuff is surely an inspiration!

What kind of a scanner would you need to do those. A bigger one but not
necessarily super duper specs wise?

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com