Subject: Re: [Leica] some new snaps, a propos
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@pix-that-stimulate.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:59:44 +0100

De Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>, le vendredi 14 novembre 2003 à 23:57 GMT :

>What kind of professional photographer? And when? It was my
>understanding to advertise a certain level of expertise and certain
>types of photography (formal portraiture, wedding) and you had to have
>certain credentials. Was Dean Collins lying?

You are right, in order to do weddings and formal portraiture, you are supposed to do the apprentice to master cycle... You can then have a shop. I did advertising, industrial reportage, catalogs, fashion, beauty... I was called a "fotodesigner".... The only thing I needed to do is to present some of my stuff to the academy of art to show that I'm an "artist" (mainly for tax reasons) and voilà!

Tarek

Tarek Charara
site: http://www.pix-that-stimulate.com
expo: http://www.orients-unis.net