Subject: Re: [Leica] photos of war dead
From: Patrick Jelliffe <pbjbike@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:24:00 -0800 (PST)

- --- Emanuel LoLowimamanoivifom> wrote:

> It took some years of the Vietnam war before the US
> media felt the massive home-grown
> opposition to that conflict and started publishing
> pictures that eventually
> undermined the war effort -- and that may have been
> a good thing. It would be
> inappropriate for the press to make things work the
> other way 'round.

Like the truth being told and seen, and people being
able to make up their own minds about what they
believe? What is inappropriate is that we, (press and
public alike), accept the sanitized version of Gulf
War II. We watch our President's choreographed grand
standing on an aircraft carrier, but are unable to see
transport planes laden with caskets from Iraq? Jump on
over to the LUG Forum if you'd like to discuss this
more freely...

Cheers,

Patrick