Subject: RE: [Leica] The Right To Privacy
From: Patrick Jelliffe <pbjbike@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:10:16 -0800 (PST)

How is photographing the returning dead from Iraq, (in
caskets), any different from televised eulogies of
firefighters and police killed in the line of duty,
not uncommon in major metropolitan areas, (remember
post 9/11 NYC?)?  Much of the Gulf War II conflict has
been televised, and Italy has just conducted a state
ceremony honoring their slain soldiers killed in Iraq.
If we choose to cause death and destruction, we ought
to be able to handle the outcome of those acts and
deal with it.  I don't need to have the choice to see
or not see made for me by media conglomerates or the
DOD.

Patrick