Subject: RE: [Leica] Phong's question on large format
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:20:05 -0700

> Below is a link to the 8X10 page for Canham.  I have examined the
> cameras at a local retailer and they are very well made field use
> cameras.  A Sinar they are not but the controls work, the movements are
> smooth and easily controllable, and everything works without much
> thought.
>
> http://www.canhamcameras.com/allmetalf.html

The Gandolfi Variant 8x10 would be my choice over the Canham, which would be
#3 - both after my current Phillips 8x10... which I won't give up for
anyone!

As nice as the Canham 8x10's are (both the wooden and all metal), the
Gandolfi just seems to have a bit more of an edge -  a touch more rigid, a
bit lighter. Though both are very nicely made.

tim

Replies: Reply from David C Mason <dcm@pobox.com> (Re: [Leica] Phong's question on large format)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Phong's question on large format)