Subject: [Leica] The Leica of LF cameras?
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:32:00 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, no such animal exists! Lots of nicely-crafted
LF cameras out there, but there's always a tradeoff
between features and portability, and to some extent,
speed of set-up, so you'll need to prioritize. All
modern view cameras are "pro" cameras.

Or are you talking about the Leica that's small, very
portable, and great for "decisive moments"? If so, you
probably want a handheld camera. Cambo makes one.
Another goes under the brand name "Hobo". And don't
forget those converted Polaroid folders.

I've been happy with modern Fujinon optics in medium
format, and hope to eventually go with Fujinon for LF
as well. I currently own a Linhof-branded 210/370
Symmar. It's decent as a 210. Most importantly, it's
paid for.