Subject: Re: [Leica] The Leica of LF cameras?
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:52:50 -0500

Well, I had a Littman for a while but although it has certain Leica
aspects (its unique quality is that it has a rangefinder built into the
optical viewfinder) it really isn't the  Leica of 4x5. If a
rangefinder-in-viewfinder 4x5 is what you need, then a Littman is the
only game in town, but I personally found it to be an awkward kind of
combination. When picking up a 4x5 it is very odd not to have any
movements, or to be able to change lenses, which really seems like
about half the *point* of a 4x5 camera to me. Also the Littman is
really quite large. I have big hands but what it would be like for
someone with small hands is a bit hard to imagine.

I just swapped the Littman for a nice Linhof Master Technika which does
actually *feel* a lot more like a Leica and has quite a nice
rangefinder too.