Subject: Re: [Leica] Dover USAF base photography & military funerals.
From: Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:43:38 -0600

Tim Atherton said the following on 11/17/2003 10:49 PM:

> Just by listening to a daily litany from Central Command of "two more US
> soldiers were killed north of Baghdad" etc, do the American people get an
> honest sense of these numbers?

Actually, yes. I hear the reports daily in Chicago. I am sickened by
them. What makes you think the "American people" do not get an honest
sense? One photograph more or less of a coffin will make no difference.

> These young men and women have died and been wounded on behalf of those who
> sent them there. Surely the American (and British) people should both honour
> them and be fully aware of the cost being paid. Currently, it is in effect,
> being hidden.

How are they hidden? The news that I see/hear in Chicago (mostly radio)
talks about them incessantly. In fact, being completely and obnoxiously
rational, they over emphasize these deaths relative to the carnage on
the roads that results from aggressive drivers asserting their rights to
do anything as long as they are sober, not to mention the drunks who do
not give a s---, not to mention the deaths caused by guns that should be
illegal.

- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net