Subject: RE: [Leica] Dover USAF base photography & military funerals
From: "Kit McChesney" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:28:10 -0700

Chris--

You may be able to listen to the Carter interview online. Some of Charlie's
interviews are available that way. In addition to his new book, a first
novel, about the Revolutionary War, he also discussed negotiations that have
been ongoing regarding resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It
sounded very interesting, and apparently will be unveiled in Geneva on
December 1. It apparently has strong support from both sides. But he also
explained some of the basic concepts behind successful mediation, and how
well it works when both sides feel they have won.

Yes, he is a good person, and unlike many other folks who have held the
office of president, he has continued a life of good works beyond his years
there. Being president wasn't the pinnacle of his career (unlike so many
others who think that it is the highest goal to which they can aspire). I
think of him as a person who has a fundamental raison d'etre and being
president was just one expression of that reason for being. Rather than
creating a life that had an ambitious political trajectory, ending in the
oval office, he treated that as another stop on the way.

Kit